Friday, May 27, 2011

A Little Water Colour


     This one above was done by the fabulous Tasha Tudor.  If you don't know who she is, she was an amazing lady who lived like she was in the 1800s, ran her own farm, and did wonderful water colours on the side.  My nana says she's a fake and a publicity stunt.  But I believe in you Tasha Tudor, even if it seems crazy that an 80+ year old woman still churned her own butter. 

     This is one of my most recent water colours.  Usually I just get frustrated with it because I have trouble controlling the paint or getting the colour as vibrant as I would like, but this jar of flowers was sitting on the window sill and looked absolutely stunning in the light, so I just had to try to capture it.  I haven't done anything like this in ages.  So here is the first of what I hope to be many to come. 

1 comment:

  1. pretty! How did all you bourgeois girls turn out so dang artistic!?!

    ReplyDelete